Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The combo of brie and apples or pears is heavenly, IMO. So, here is that combo on a burger. Tell me what you think! (Ground turkey would be excellent for this)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices brie cheese
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 crusty rolls
- Combine the ground beef, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Form into 4 patties, 3/4-inch thick.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place patties on the grill and cook for 10-15 min, turning two or three times during cooking.
- During the last 2 min of grilling, top each patty with a slice of brie and allow to melt.
- Remove from the grill.
- Place a patty on the bottom half of each roll and top with a slice or two of apple.
- Spread a Tbs of honey mustard on the top half of each roll and place on burger.
As a brie lover I couldn't resist trying this recipe, and it was as great as it sounded. I decided to use ground turkey, and to grill the apples. I also grilled some extra apples to top with brie, which was an excellent addition. I was a little hesitant, wondering if the mustard would really work, but it is a wonderful combination. This is a recipe I will be using a lot in the future.