Recipe by An American in Spain
This is an outstanding addition to your Tapa Table and so easy to make. I received this recipe from my friend Pat who I had met in Sint Maarten.
Top Review by chelleg
Wow, this recipe was great!! I did not have any basil, so I used dried parsley. I did not have 6oz of brie, so I put 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and about 2-3 oz of cream cheese in the pan. I mixed and melted. The butter did not mix well with the cheese. I put the mixture on the french bread and broiled it. It still turned out wonderful. Thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and onion and basil.
- Cut the Brie into small pieces and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir until the Brie is melted.
- Slice the French Bread in half lengthwise.
- Take each half and cut ALMOST all the way through into slices about 1 1/2 inches each.
- Spread the melted brie mixture over each half of the loaf.
- Note: At this point you can refrigerate the bread/brie and continue just before serving.
- Place each half of the under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.
- Tear the individual pieces completely off the loaves and place on serving platter.