Prep 13 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is an outstanding addition to your Tapa Table and so easy to make. I received this recipe from my friend Pat who I had met in Sint Maarten.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and onion and basil.
- Cut the Brie into small pieces and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir until the Brie is melted.
- Slice the French Bread in half lengthwise.
- Take each half and cut ALMOST all the way through into slices about 1 1/2 inches each.
- Spread the melted brie mixture over each half of the loaf.
- Note: At this point you can refrigerate the bread/brie and continue just before serving.
- Place each half of the under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.
- Tear the individual pieces completely off the loaves and place on serving platter.
Wow, this recipe was great!! I did not have any basil, so I used dried parsley. I did not have 6oz of brie, so I put 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and about 2-3 oz of cream cheese in the pan. I mixed and melted. The butter did not mix well with the cheese. I put the mixture on the french bread and broiled it. It still turned out wonderful. Thanks!
We loved this recipe-It is easy and Oh so good. I cut the butter back to 1 tbsp, used a whole wheat Portuguese bun. I removed the rind from the Brie because I find that it doen't melt easily and depending on the type can add a bitter taste. This is a do again and again recipe
As in Julie & Julia- you can never have too much butter! Loved this recipe but discovered that I am not a fan of brie cheese (this was the first time ever trying it). I would make this recipe again with a different type of cheese, maybe feta or gouda ??