Recipe by twissis
My treasure trove of long-lost, but newly found recipes will soon be exhausted. I am down to the last few that happen to all be breakfast dishes that esp appeal to me. As w/many of the others, I have no clue about the orig source of this recipe. (Times have been estimated. Prep time includes time to prepare ingredients & crisp the bacon. Cook time refers to cooking the omelets only.) Enjoy!
Top Review by I'mPat
Twissis what a great and filling breakfast this made for the DM and I with a slice buttered wholemeal/wholegrain toast. Just love cheesy taste with the crunch of the nuts and the saltiness from the bacon, great flavours thank you, made for ZAAR Stars Tag.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces brie cheese (skin removed & chopped)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons pecans (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Over med-low heat, melt butter in a 10-in ovenproof skillet or omelet pan, tilting pan to coat bottom & sides. Saute onion till tender (about 3 min).
- While onion is cooking, combine eggs, milk & pepper.
- Increase heat to med-high. Pour egg mixture into skillet & cook till edges begin to set.
- Using a fork, gently pull edges of the eggs away from the sides of the pan so the uncooked egg mixture flows under the cooked edges. Continue till most of the egg mixture is set & the surface of the omelet is just slightly wet.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon & nuts over the top of the omelet. Fold in half, cut into 2 pieces & serve immediately.
- NOTE: Brie cheese & fresh fruit are often paired & serving this omelet w/your choice of fresh fruit was suggested.