Recipe by evelyn/athens
For the holidays - these can be made up ahead of time and frozen.
Top Review by - Carla -
This was such a delicious recipe! I made these for my holiday gathering and everyone loved them. I actually used wanton pastry and using a cookie cutter cut them into medium sized rounds. I baked them in a lightly sprayed mini-muffin tin this gave a sort of flowery croustade appearence. I filled each little flowery cup with brie and bacon topped with a dollop of cranberry sauce and continue to bake until the cups were a golden brown. I have seen this on the BBC done with Puff pastry and fried, but I enjoyed this much more. Thank you for posting this recipe. This is sure to become a holiday favourite!
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- 3⁄4-1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 10 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 10 slices bacon, fried crisp,crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut phyllo dough in half lengthwise.
- Keep half covered with plastic wrap and damp kitchen towel while working.
- Place two sheets of phyllo dough on work surface and brush with butter.
- Fold in half lengthwise and brush with more butter.
- Place 1 1/2 tsps cranberry sauce, 8 cubes Brie and nearly a tsp of crumbled bacon at the bottom of strip.
- Diagonally fold corner over filling, forming a triangle.
- Continue folding triangle shape up to the end.
- Brush with butter and place on a buttered jelly-roll pan.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and filling.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes brfore serving.