Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serves 2 as a main course and 4-8 as a snack.
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄3 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- finely chopped scallion (to garnish)
- Place a tortilla in each of the two skillets set over low heat.
- Arrange half of the Brie slices on top of each tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with half of the tomatoes, avocado, parsley, scallions, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, using a spatula to loosen the tortilla from the bottom of the skillet to make sure it’s not sticking.
- Place another tortilla on top of each of the tortillas and very carefully, using a wide spatula, flip the quesadilla over and cook another 2 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is just melted.
- Remove from the skillet and cut each quesadilla into quarters.
- Sprinkle with the scallion garnish and serve hot.