1/2 Photos of Brie, Avocado and Mustard Melts
I was scrounging around in the fridge, looking for something interesting to make lunch one Saturday. I found a VERY ripe avocado, some left-over brie and a bit of mustard........put them together, grilled them and was surprised at the gourmet result of a lunch made from leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn on oven grill element/broiler.
- 2Cut avocado in half.
- 3Slice brie into thin slices.
- 4When grill /broiler is heated, place bread under and toast one side.
- 5Turn bread over and grill/broil until other side is just beginning to toast.
- 6Take bread out and spread lightly toasted side thinly with mustard.
- 7Spread 1/4 avocado flesh onto each slice of bread - it will be thick, but that's OK!
- 8Cover all the bread with avocado, so it doesn't burn when it goes back under the grill/broiler.
- 9Season with salt, pepper or other seasonings to taste.
- 10Arrange brie slices over avocado.
- 11Put back under grill/broiler until brie is melting and has started to brown (unti I made this, I didn't know brie COULD brown!).
- 12Serve at once, while hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie, Avocado and Mustard Melts
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 352.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g