Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was scrounging around in the fridge, looking for something interesting to make lunch one Saturday. I found a VERY ripe avocado, some left-over brie and a bit of mustard........put them together, grilled them and was surprised at the gourmet result of a lunch made from leftovers!
- Turn on oven grill element/broiler.
- Cut avocado in half.
- Slice brie into thin slices.
- When grill /broiler is heated, place bread under and toast one side.
- Turn bread over and grill/broil until other side is just beginning to toast.
- Take bread out and spread lightly toasted side thinly with mustard.
- Spread 1/4 avocado flesh onto each slice of bread - it will be thick, but that's OK!
- Cover all the bread with avocado, so it doesn't burn when it goes back under the grill/broiler.
- Season with salt, pepper or other seasonings to taste.
- Arrange brie slices over avocado.
- Put back under grill/broiler until brie is melting and has started to brown (unti I made this, I didn't know brie COULD brown!).
- Serve at once, while hot.
So quick, simple & tasty.
I made these last night and they are fabulous. Can you believe I forgot the mustard? I added a little extra salt, and they were gone in a flash!
These were heavenly! Avocado and brie both have such mild flavors so one does not compete with the other. Had people asking me for the recipe. These are definitely a great snack for an outdoor appetizer party or a spring brunch.