Prep 45 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are so good! I made some recently for a staff party and they were gone in no time.
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, unpeeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 ounces brie cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the filling, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, apple, salt and pepper and cook until the shallots are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a bowl, stir together the walnuts, Brie and parsley.
- Stir in the apple mixture.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on the work surface, covering the rest with a damp towel to prevent drying out.
- Cut lengthwise into five 2-1/2" wide strips.
- Brush each strip with some of the butter.
- Spoon 1 teaspoons of the filling about 1/2 inch from the end of each strip. Fold one corner of the phyllo over the filling so the bottom edge meets the side edge to form a triangle.
- Continue folding the triangle sideways and upward to the end of the strip.
- Fold the end flap over to stick.
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo.
- Brush both sides of the triangles with butter.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet in a 375 degree F oven for about 18 minutes or until golden.