My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (available at Italian markets, specialty foods stores and many supermarkets.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 lb ripe brie cheese, well chilled, rind trimmed, cheese cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup dry white wine
- bite-size pieces cooked chicken
- steamed quartered small red potato
- steamed asparagus or green beans
- bite-size pieces French bread or focaccia bread
- 1Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan.
- 2Add porcini mushrooms.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand until mushrooms soften, about 20 minutes.
- 4Using slotted spoon, transfer porcini to work surface.
- 5Coarsely chop porcini.
- 6Reserve porcini and soaking liquid.
- 7Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 9Add shallot; sauté 1 minute.
- 10Add porcini and soaking liquid, leaving any sediment from liquid behind.
- 11Increase heat to high.
- 12Simmer until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- 13(Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.) Toss Brie with cornstarch in large bowl to coat.
- 14Add wine to mushrooms.
- 15Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- 16Add cheese to mushrooms in 3 batches, whisking after each addition until cheese melts before adding more.
- 17Continue whisking until mixture is smooth and just begins to simmer (do not boil).
- 18Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 19Transfer fondue to fondue pot.
- 20Set pot over candle or canned heat burner.
- 21Serve with chicken, vegetables and bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie and Wild Mushroom Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.0
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 762.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.3 g