Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
great pasta recipe
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli, cut into 1/2 inch flowerets (discard or save stems)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces brie cheese, rind discarded, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- capers (optional) or candied walnuts, might also be a great idea or sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (optional) or extra garlic (optional)
- In a 6-quart kettle bring 5 quarts salted water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid and drain pasta in a colander.
- Return pasta to kettle with reserved liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook broccoli with salt to taste, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
- add broccoli mixture, Brie, and walnuts (and other ingredients if used), tossing until cheese is just melted.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper.
I'm a big fan of brie and I loved this. A really different but very quick and easy way to prepare spaghetti!