Brie and Walnut Spaghetti
- In a 6-quart kettle bring 5 quarts salted water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid and drain pasta in a colander.
- Return pasta to kettle with reserved liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook broccoli with salt to taste, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
- add broccoli mixture, Brie, and walnuts (and other ingredients if used), tossing until cheese is just melted.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper.