Recipe from Weber’s Way to Grill™ by Jamie Purviance
Make and share this Brie and Shallot Parisian Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck (80% lean)
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons beef or 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces brie cheese (not the triple cream variety)
- 4 round crusty rolls, each about 4 inches in diameter
- 1⁄3 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 cups baby arugula
- In a medium skillet over low heat, combine the shallots with the oil and cook until they are browned but not scorched, about 20 minutes, stirring often. Let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat. In a large bowl gently mix the patty ingredients and shape into 4 patties of equal size and thickness. Make a hole in the center of each patty for the cheese.
- Trim away the rind of the Brie and bury the cheese, about 1/4 ounce for each patty, into the hole of each patty. Close the opening to seal the cheese inside. It’s important that there is one-third of an inch of meat on the top and bottom of the cheese so it doesn’t seep out.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the patties over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to medium, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once when the patties release easily from the grate without sticking. During the last minute of cooking time, toast the buns, cut sides down, over direct heat.
- Assemble the burgers with shallots, mustard, and arugula. Serve warm.
5 star all the way. The Brie & shalots totally compliment each other. As said in the ingredients use ground chuck 80% lean or a very good grade of hamburger meat - you really get the flavor of the beef. I served the burger with mushrooms as well and Oven browned potatoes - This was a great Saturday Night Burger
I got this email from Weber... it was awesome... made them just as instructed and they got rave reviews from the die hard burger lovers tomato was also a great addition