Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had this at my sister-in-law's house over the holidays. Absolutely rich and wonderful.
Make and share this Brie and Sausage Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Trim and discard rind from top of Brie.
- Cut cheese into cubes; set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain sausage well.
- Cut crusts from bread slices; place crusts evenly in the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Layer evenly with bread slices, sausage, Brie, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together 5 eggs, 2 cups whipping cream, and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over cheeses.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- (I chill it overnight, so longer than 8 hours doesn't seem to hurt it.) Whisk together remaining 2 eggs and remaining 1 cup whipping cream; pour evenly over chilled mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until casserole is set.
- Yield 8-10 servings.