Recipe by theAmateurPastryChef
Another one from Emeril Lagasse. I haven't made it yet, but it looks like it would be a fancy appetizer though it seems simple enough to make.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 small brie round, about 6 inches in diameter, rind removed
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a rectangle, about 8 by 16 inches.
- With a sharp knife, cut puff pastry into 6 to 8 small squares.
- Cut the brie into 6 to 8 wedges.
- Lay 1 wedge of cheese diagonally in the center of each pastry square, pressing down to flatten.
- Top the cheese with a portion of raspberries.
- With a pastry brush, brush egg onto the outer edge of the dough.
- Fold the dough in half and press to seal.
- Place the packages on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake until golden brown and risen, 12 to 15 minutes.