1 hr 5 mins
Sweet Baboo's Note:
I found this recipe in the Toronto Star, December 26, 2007, rated one of the best recipes of the year. It is a lovely brunch pizza..."do not use a non-stick skillet for the onions, and don't skimp on the pear; it adds the right touch of sweetness". Preparation time will be longer if using home-made pizza dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CURRIED CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1Heat pizza stone in 400F oven at least 30 minutes.
- 2For onions, melt butter with oil in large skillet on medium heat. Stir in onions, salt and pepper. Cook stirring often, 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes, until golden brown and very tender. Stir in vinegar. Turn heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder. Cool to room temperature. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- 3For pizza, cut dough into 3 pieces. On floured surface, press 1 piece of dough into 8 inch round. Transfer to pizza peel covered in parchment. Spread with about 1/3 caramelized onions. Brush exposed edges with oil. Put 1/3 of pear slices over onions, arranging like spokes on wheel. Arrange 1/3 of brie slices in between pear spokes.
- 4Slide pizza on parchment onto pizza stone. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until bottom is crisp, brie is golden and pears are tender. Garnish with chives. Repeat with remaining dough, onions, pear, brie and chives. (You will have some onions left over).
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie and Pear Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (964 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.3
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 772.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: