Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
not your usual quesadillas
- butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tomato tortillas
- 1 cup brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- serrano pepper (I use about 1/2 piece)
- sour cream, seasoned
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- With small spatula or butter knife, spread a thin amount of butter or margarine on one side of the tortilla.
- Place the unbuttered side of the tortilla face down on the skillet.
- Let it heat through, about 15 seconds.
- Flip the tortilla over, reduce the heat to low and sprinkle the brie, mango and red onion on top of the tortilla, leaving a half-inch margin around the edges.
- Sprinkle the top with a pinch each of serrano pepper.
- If desired, add a spoonful of salsa on top.
- When the cheese has melted or is just about melted, flip one half of the tortilla.
- Slice into wedges and garnish with cilantro.
Quite a treat, very elegant! I used wheat tortillas and served these with salsa and sour cream seasoned with a little taco seasoning. I think this would work with cheddar or similar strong cheese just as well as brie.
Delicious, gourmet treat! I thought this was just amazing - I loved the taste of the melted brie withe the mango. It is unusual sounding combination, but tasted so good. Thanks!