Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Plan a romantic al fresco dinner with these, a green salad with dried cranberries and perhaps some pasta, artisan bread, and champagne.
- 1 lb fresh large mushroom, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fines herbes
- 4 ounces brie cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pull the stems out of the mushrooms and place mushroom caps on a broiling pan.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems and toss with lemon juice.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and saute until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the sour cream (and a little garlic, if desired) and saute until mixture appears almost dry; transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts, salt, pepper, and fines herbes; let cool.
- Trim the rind off the Brie and discard.
- Finely dice the cheese and stir into the mushroom stem mixture.
- Preheat the broiler.
- With a small spoon, fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing; broil until bubbly and golden brown.