Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Similar to a sandwich I used to get at a delightful little cafe in Dayton, Ohio called the Euro Bistro. Very light and great for warm weather and summertime eating! :)
- 4 plain croissants
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄8 cup salad oil
- 1⁄8 cup raspberry vinegar
- Split croissants in half and spread each with 1 tbsp. butter.
- Cut brie into 1/4" slices and place about 2 oz. on each croissant.
- Tear some leaf lettuce and place on sandwiches.
- Peel cucumber and slice thin; place across lettuce leaves.
- Place about 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts over cucumber.
- Whisk together vinegar and oil; drizzle lightly over vegetables on sandwich.
- Place top on croissant and serve.
Well I am sorry but I thought these sandwiches were delicious, and for sure will have them again, in fact I will save them as a special treat! Thank you!
WOW! I havn't even tried this yet, but DEFINATELY will!!! Am thinking to take the croissants, and quarter each half making 32 mini ones as an AWSOME appetizer!! TOO COOL!! Thank you for your recipe!!!! I do a LOT of catering, and what a NEAT idea for a mini sandwich-style "bite"!!! :)