Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this yet. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded wisconsin cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup wisconsin brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Cream butter and cheeses. Mix in remaining ingredients. Shape into a log, 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill.
- Slice thinly (about 1/8 inch thick). Place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° F for 7 to 10 minutes.
In an effort to get and keep our ds off artificial this and that I made these today. the mix is very dry, but I finally got it to hold together. I added some black pepper too. this certainly beats my old recipe for cheddar crackers in that you shape into a log and cut in slices. at my altitude I needed to bake them about 8 more minutes. lovely flavor, but very delicate (meaning, break easily) thank you!