1/3 Photos of Brie and Caramelized Onion Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Sweet from the onions, creamy and rich tasting, these chicken breasts are truly buttery and delicious. Treat your family or onion loving friends to this special dish. You can make up the filling the day before and refrigerate until just before stuffing the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine, divided
- 3 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add sliced onion and saute 30 minutes or until golden and very soft. Lower heat if onions start to darken or burn too quickly.
- 3Add sliced garlic, and saute 5 more minutes Stir in 1/3 cup wine and cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 4Spoon mixture into a bowl and let cool. (you can make the onions a day ahead and let sit in the refrigerator).
- 5Stir in Brie, salt and pepper.
- 6Cut a horisontal slit in the thickest portion of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- 7Stuff about 1/1/2 tablespoons of the onion mixture in each pocket.
- 8Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add chicken and cook 6 minutes on each side or until done, which will depend on the size of the breasts.
- 10Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- 11Add 1/3 cup wine, minced onion, sage and minced garlic to skillet.
- 12Cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- 13Stir in broth and bring to a boil, cooking 7 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- 14Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer on low for 2 minutes until completely heated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie and Caramelized Onion Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 381.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 34.0 g