1/1 Photo of Brie and Apple Panini
Bon Appetit, May 2004
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slice bacon (preferably applewood-smoked)
- 44.37 ml butter, divided
- 1 large golden delicious apple, unpeeled, cored, thinly sliced
- Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf focaccia bread, cut crosswise into 4 pieces, then cut horizontally in half
- 453.59 g brie cheese, rind trimmed, cheese cut into 16 slices
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple slices; saute 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Spread mustard on cut sides of bread. Place 2 cheese slices on each bottom bread piece, top with 4 to 5 apple slices, then 3 bacon slices. Top each with 2 more cheese slices, then bread pieces. Press sandwiches lightly to compact.
- 4Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large nonstick skillets over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to each skillet. Cover skillet; cook until bottoms of sandwiches are brown, pressing with spatula to compact, about 5 minutes. Turn sandwiches over; cover and cook until brown on bottom and cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- 5Note: Use a panini press for step 4 if you have one.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie and Apple Panini
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.7
- Calories from Fat 697
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 1341.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 31.6 g