Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bon Appetit, May 2004
Make and share this Brie and Apple Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slice bacon (preferably applewood-smoked)
- 44.37 ml butter, divided
- 1 large golden delicious apple, unpeeled, cored, thinly sliced
- Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf focaccia bread, cut crosswise into 4 pieces, then cut horizontally in half
- 453.59 g brie cheese, rind trimmed, cheese cut into 16 slices
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple slices; saute 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread mustard on cut sides of bread. Place 2 cheese slices on each bottom bread piece, top with 4 to 5 apple slices, then 3 bacon slices. Top each with 2 more cheese slices, then bread pieces. Press sandwiches lightly to compact.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large nonstick skillets over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to each skillet. Cover skillet; cook until bottoms of sandwiches are brown, pressing with spatula to compact, about 5 minutes. Turn sandwiches over; cover and cook until brown on bottom and cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Note: Use a panini press for step 4 if you have one.
This is a delicious blending of flavors and went perfect with a steaming bowl of Minestrone Soup. Sourdough Focaccia was used for the bread. The sandwich was cooked on a George Forman Grill. Made for *PAC Fall 2009*