Recipe by Manami
Recipe courtesy of "National Chicken Council/US Poultry & Egg Assn." Have not tried it as yet but it just couldn't be bad could it? Is prepared and cooked in less than thirty minutes!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small cooking apple, cored & thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 lb brie cheese, sliced
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 teaspoons chicken broth or 2 teaspoons vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Warm 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine in a large non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the apples and saute until softened.
- Set the saute pan aside because you will need it again.
- Tuck a slice of Brie and several slices of apple into the pocket on the underside of the chicken breast between the breast and the tenderloin.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper.
- Pat a little flour onto both sides of each chicken breast.
- In the saute pan warm 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine over high heat.
- When the butter or margarine foams add the chicken breasts and brown them on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a sheetpan, stuffed-side-down, and put it into the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce.
- Pour the cider and the broth into the saute pan and boil it over high heat until reduced to about 1/2 cups.
- Swirl int the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter or margarine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the chicken among serving plates and pour a little sauce over each.
- Serve with a nice brown rice pilaf and nice green vegetable.