Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful recipe for a quick favorite. This recipe takes very little time to make and the results are fantastic.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2839.08 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml spinach
- 236.59 ml acini di pepe pasta
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- Combine first eight ingredients.
- Form into LITTLE meatballs (there will be a lot of them).
- Fry in batches in the pot you will be preparing the soup.
- When all the meatballs are fried remove from the pot and add the chicken broth.
- Scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the meatballs, spinach, pasta, and carrots to the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook till the meatballs are done and sp is the pasta.
- ENJOY, ENJOY!
Italian Wedding Soup is one of my all time favorites, this recipe is outstanding, the flavor of the meatballs is really quite nice, I'm going to use that meatball recipe for all meatballs I make from now on.
Excellent flavor - I made tiny meatballs, subbed pearl barley for the pasta. When the soup was ready I ladled it into bowls floated a slice of toast topped with Parmesan cheese and broiled it until golden. I only made enough for 2 servings It was perfect for a cold day
We loved this soup. Followed this recipe exactly. I thought frying the meatballs in the same pot was a great idea because the brown bits really give the soup an extra kick of flavor. This made a lot of meatballs ! The seasonings are right on! Everyone enjoyed this and we will definitely make it often. Made for PAC Spring 2009.