Recipe by Kitchencuriosity
French Toast the way I was taught.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
The combination of various spices in this recipe made for a very tasty French Toast breakfast. It is worthy of serving to company or for a special occasion breakfast. I used white bread, and the dark spices made it look as though I had used wheat bread. Thanks for posting this recipe, Kitchencuriosity. Made for 2009 Spring Pick-A-Chef.
- 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a skillet (or a flat grill if you have one) on medium heat. Dip a slice of bread into the egg mix to coat both sides and place in the skillet.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, you can cook 2-4 slices at one time. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and flip, and continue until the second side is browned.
- Place the cooked slices on a plate and cover to keep warm while cooking the rest of the slices.
- It can be finished with butter and maple syrup, peanut butter and/or syrup, jelly, or any combination thereof. My favorite is butter and syrup.