1 hr 35 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
This recipe combination was created by Dalton Babb and appears in "Cooking the Caribbean Way". I have used this combination for "theme" dinners and my guests really enjoyed the concept. Suggested wine - Sauvignon Blanc
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
WEST INDIAN STYLE SHRIMP SCAMPI
- 1BIDGETOWN POTATOES.
- 2Boil potatoes with skin on.
- 3After potatoes are cooked and cool enough to handle, peel and dice.
- 4Melt butter in heavy skillet.
- 5Add potatoes, onion, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Saute over very low flame until brown.
- 7Serve with Shrimp Scampi.
- 8SHRIMP SCAMPI.
- 9Cook the shrimp in boiling water with lemon half.
- 10After the shrimp is cooked and cool enough to handle, shell and devein.
- 11Mix together the pepper, garlic powder, Tobasco sauce, poultry seasoning, thyme and curry powder.
- 12Marinate the shrimp in this mixture for approximately 35 minutes.
- 13Melt the butter in a heavy skillet.
- 14Dip the shrimp in flour and fry until golden brown.
- 15Serve with Bridgetown potatoes.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bridgetown Potatoes & West Indian Style Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1251.6
- Calories from Fat 678
- Total Fat 75.3 g
- Saturated Fat 44.9 g
- Cholesterol 701.4 mg
- Sodium 1020.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 77.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: