1/3 Photos of Bridget Jones's Turkey Buffet Curry in a Hurry!
French Tart's Note:
This is another one of my daughter's student recipes! She made it up one evening, when deciding what to have for supper, based on her fridge and storecupboard contents!! She has cooked it for us at home, and now I have decided to post it on Zaar, as it is such an easy and inexpensive recipe! Obviously home-made curry powder is always best - but any good quality curry powder will do; this is a curry in a hurry, and aptly named in honour of Bridget Jones's Turkey Curry Buffet, the annual event that she is forced to attend at her parent's house every New Year's Day! Have fun and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cooked turkey escalopes or 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons oil, sunflower
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons golden sultana raisins
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 pint vegetable stock or 1/4 pint chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- yoghurt (1 small pot) (optional)
- 1Fry the onion and garlic in the oil, for about 5 to 10 minutes or until soft and well coloured.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Simmer, stirring at regular intervals for about 15 to 20 minutes, do not allow to boil.
- 3Add the yoghurt if using and mix well; allow to heat up gently for about 5 minutes.
- 4Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- 5Serve hot with steamed/boiled rice, this makes two generous servings.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bridget Jones's Turkey Buffet Curry in a Hurry!
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: