1/1 Photo of Bridget Jones' Blue Soup
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine everything but the blue food colouring into a saucepan.
- 2Cook for about 30 minutes until potatoes become mush.
- 3Mash up potatoes and veggie mixture.
- 4(If you are impatient, you can put this into a blender or food processor to puree- just like Bridget did. But be careful, WARNING: make sure the soup is not boiling hot when you pour it into the blender or food processor- or else the same thing will happen to you that happened to Bridget where the contents comes spewing out all over the room. And let me tell you, you will NOT be yelling "Oh Bugger! Oh Bugger Bugger!" you will be screaming bloody murder and in the hospital with 3rd degree burns. Make sure you cool the mixture first please - remember, Bridget Jones's Diary was a movie, in real life what she did was quite dangerous).
- 5After the soup is pureed, add a couple of drops of blue food colouring- how much is up to you and how blue you want your soup to be.
- 6Mix soup well to blend in the food colouring.
- 7Just before serving, add a little sour cream on top of blue soup if you desire and garnish with chopped chives.
- 8If you are seriously a die hard Bridget fan, you can add a few strands of string- but I don't recommend it- this is meant to be a delicious, edible version of this novelty soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bridget Jones' Blue Soup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 330.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g