Recipe by Leslie in Texas
A hot breakfast is always a treat and these sublime dollar-sized sour cream pancakes are exceptional! Delicious with pure maple syrup,honey, brown sugar or jam. From the R.S.V.P. section in an October 1986 issue of Bon Appetit. The recipe was requested from the Bridge Creek restaurant in Berkeley, California. These need to be started the night before you plan on serving them. Refrigeration time is not included in prep time.
- 2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- butter or vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream,eggs,flour,sugar,baking soda and salt in blender or processor until smooth; transfer batter to bowl,cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Heat griddle or large skillet; brush with butter or oil.
- Spoon batter into skillet in dollar-sized rounds.
- Cook until bubbles appear on surface; turn pancakes over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot.