Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
A light side salad for four or a luncheon meal for two,
Top Review by Jenny Grindele
I won't prepare this recipe simply because I'm more concerned with eating healthy and in my opinion Spam is anything but healthy, being loaded with fat, no matter the nutritive 'values'. Bill usually submits delicious and nutritious solo recipes and I have made most and enjoyed them. I admire his talent tremendously for being able to toss together a great meal in minutes! I prefer his chicken recipes.
- 6 ounces Spam
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the spam into small cubes and then mash with a fork or pluse several times in a food processor Add sour cream, garlic and pepper and mix.
- Add the olive oil to the basil.
- Cut the tomatoes into 8 pieces and shake out the seeds.
- Place one lettuce leaf on each salad plate, top with the spam, and arrange 4 tomato wedges around edge of each plate.
- Spoon the the oil and basil over the tomato wedges.
- Serve chilled.