Prep 6 hrs
Cook 30 mins
One of the best chicken salads you will ever eat!!! Guaranteed to bring praise most of the time. The cook time is only the time it takes to cook the chicken breast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup of major grey's chutney (or another brand if you can't find this one)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, small chunked
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion (tops and bottoms)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted whole almonds or 1⁄2 cup sliced blanched almond
- Into a really large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry, lime peel, juice, and salt (if there are fruit chunks in the chutney slice them thin as possible).
- Blend well then gently fold in remaining ingredients; chill 4 to 6 hours.
- This can be prepared the night before--just be sure to toss again before serving.
- Serve on crisp chilled salad greens.