Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Are you looking for something special for a wedding or shower? This apple couple is adorable and would make a cute edible centerpiece. Use two jumbo apples for a bridal couple or small apples for wedding favors. A firm, crisp apple works best for this project. It is also helpful if you look for apples that "sit" up properly. You will also need the following supplies: 1 12" circle of white tulle, 1 20" length of white satin 3/4-inch ribbon, 1 20" length of black satin 3/4-inch ribbon, and tacky glue
- Wash apples and let dry thoroughly. Decide on the "front" of each apple and which apple will be the bride and which will be the groom. Insert wooden sticks into apples for handles.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a medium sized, microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate on medium power for two minutes. Stir and return to microwave for one minute at a time. Check every minute and stir until melted.
- Dip 1 apple entirely into white chocolate. Several thin coats are best. Let dry on wax paper.
- Dip the front of the second apple into the white chocolate. This will make the shirt front of the tuxedo for the groom. Let dry on wax paper.
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips using the above instructions. Dip the groom apple leaving a \/ pattern of the white chocolate showing on the front side. Several thin layers of the darker chocolate are best. Let dry on wax paper.
- Remelt the white chocolate. Hold the bride apple at a 90 degree angle over the wax paper. Slowly drizzle on the white chocolate while spinning the apple. When you are satisfied with the drizzle pattern let dry.
- Use a wooden skewer or toothpick to place three dots of semisweet chocolate on the white shirt of the groom apple. These are the buttons of the tuxedo shirt. Let dry.
- To finish each apple:.
- Bride: Loosely run a gathering stitch along 1/3 of the tulle circle. Tie off. Glue to the top of the handle for the veil. Tie the white ribbon into a bow. Glue in place. Trim ends if desired. Small silk flowers, etc can be added to the veil if desired.
- Groom: Tie a bow around the handle right above the shirt front. This makes the bow tie for the tuxedo.
Made these for my BFFs bridal shower the other day and everyone loved them. They were super easy.
These were a huge hit at the bridal shower I hosted last weekend. Everyone loved them and they added that special touch to the food table. Thanks!