1/1 Photo of Bride & Groom Apples
Susie D's Note:
Are you looking for something special for a wedding or shower? This apple couple is adorable and would make a cute edible centerpiece. Use two jumbo apples for a bridal couple or small apples for wedding favors. A firm, crisp apple works best for this project. It is also helpful if you look for apples that "sit" up properly. You will also need the following supplies: 1 12" circle of white tulle, 1 20" length of white satin 3/4-inch ribbon, 1 20" length of black satin 3/4-inch ribbon, and tacky glue
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash apples and let dry thoroughly. Decide on the "front" of each apple and which apple will be the bride and which will be the groom. Insert wooden sticks into apples for handles.
- 2Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 3In a medium sized, microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate on medium power for two minutes. Stir and return to microwave for one minute at a time. Check every minute and stir until melted.
- 4Dip 1 apple entirely into white chocolate. Several thin coats are best. Let dry on wax paper.
- 5Dip the front of the second apple into the white chocolate. This will make the shirt front of the tuxedo for the groom. Let dry on wax paper.
- 6Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips using the above instructions. Dip the groom apple leaving a \/ pattern of the white chocolate showing on the front side. Several thin layers of the darker chocolate are best. Let dry on wax paper.
- 7Remelt the white chocolate. Hold the bride apple at a 90 degree angle over the wax paper. Slowly drizzle on the white chocolate while spinning the apple. When you are satisfied with the drizzle pattern let dry.
- 8Use a wooden skewer or toothpick to place three dots of semisweet chocolate on the white shirt of the groom apple. These are the buttons of the tuxedo shirt. Let dry.
- 9To finish each apple:.
- 10Bride: Loosely run a gathering stitch along 1/3 of the tulle circle. Tie off. Glue to the top of the handle for the veil. Tie the white ribbon into a bow. Glue in place. Trim ends if desired. Small silk flowers, etc can be added to the veil if desired.
- 11Groom: Tie a bow around the handle right above the shirt front. This makes the bow tie for the tuxedo.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bride & Groom Apples
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1841.9
- Calories from Fat 953
- Total Fat 105.9 g
- Saturated Fat 63.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 173.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 237.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 215.2 g
- Protein 17.6 g