Recipe by Manami
This comes from Hershey's Kitchens and it promises to be a winner!Update: 09/07/2007 The cake is a real winner! It tastes really awesome - it stays moist, almost like a pound cake, stores well and the brickle part is lovely! I get to taste a small bite!!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Fantastic bundt cake. I could not find the "Brickle" already chopped so I purchased mini heath bars and chopped them myself. The cake turned out moist and really delicious with that added surprise of the candy. I will definitely make this cake again. Made for Bargain Basement tag, November, 2011.
- 314.66 ml heath bits o' brickle toffee pieces, divided
- 295.73 ml sugar, divided
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla, extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
GLAZE (use 1/2 cup)
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml milk (more as needed)
- 1.23 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits for topping.
- Combine remaining toffee bits, 1/2 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat remaining 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with sour cream, beating until well blended.
- Beat 3 minutes.
- Spoon one-third of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half of toffee mixture. Spoon half of remaining batter into pan.Top with remaining toffee mixture. Spoon remaining batter into pan. Pour melted butter over batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Prepare glaze.
- Combine all ingredients until of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits over top.