Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This comes from Hershey's Kitchens and it promises to be a winner!Update: 09/07/2007 The cake is a real winner! It tastes really awesome - it stays moist, almost like a pound cake, stores well and the brickle part is lovely! I get to taste a small bite!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups heath bits o' brickle toffee pieces, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
GLAZE (use 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (more as needed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits for topping.
- Combine remaining toffee bits, 1/2 cup sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat remaining 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with sour cream, beating until well blended.
- Beat 3 minutes.
- Spoon one-third of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with half of toffee mixture. Spoon half of remaining batter into pan.Top with remaining toffee mixture. Spoon remaining batter into pan. Pour melted butter over batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Prepare glaze.
- Combine all ingredients until of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits over top.
Fantastic bundt cake. I could not find the "Brickle" already chopped so I purchased mini heath bars and chopped them myself. The cake turned out moist and really delicious with that added surprise of the candy. I will definitely make this cake again. Made for Bargain Basement tag, November, 2011.
Very good coffee cake. It beat out the Starbuck's coffee cake a coworker brought in the same day.