Recipe by Simply Fresh Cooking
If you don't have a panini maker, you can do a make-shift sandwich press with a cookie sheet and a brick! This sandwich is very healthy and each ingredient stood out. Super yummy!
For the Hummus
- 2 ounces dried garbanzo beans, uncooked
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
For the sandwich
- 1⁄2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 8 black olives, rinsed and chopped
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 ounces deli turkey, sliced thin (all natural)
- 1⁄2 cup mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 -4 dashes olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. In a small bowl, combine hummus, smoked paprika, black olives. Spread the mixture evenly among two slices of bread. Place 2 ounces of turkey each on top of the hummus mixture. Then, top each with 1/4 cup mixed greens. Spread 1 tablespoon each of sun-dried tomatoes on the 2 remaining slices of bread, and place on top of the mixed greens (tomato side facing down).
- Lightly coat pan with cooking spray and place the sandwiches in the pan. Spray the outside of the bread with cooking spray and place a metal baking sheet on the bread. Place a brick or something heavy on top of the baking sheet to flatten the sandwiches. Cook for 1-3 minutes on each side, checking often, being careful not to burn. There’s no need to put the baking sheet and brick on after flipping the sandwich.