Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found in the Star Ledger. Recipe is from Cathy and Bill Scarpa of Sparta, NJ. You could just grill the lamb on a BBQ too. FYI-the recipe says 16 servings and it calls for 8-10 lbs. of butterflied leg of lamb.
- 1 head garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 (8 lb) leg of lamb, butterflied
- Place garlic, lemon juice, wine, mint, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until a coarse puree.
- Pour marinade into a large bowl and stir in onion.
- Add the lamb to the bowl, turning to coat with the marinade and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the lamb on the hot bricks or barbecue grill, turning several times, until the internal temperature reads 130 degrees F. for medium rare.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.