Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This bread is very easy to make and tastes delicious hot out of the oven.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine beaten egg with buttermilk and honey. Add to dry mixture with
- a few quick strokes to form a sticky dough. Do not overmix.
- Shape into a small flat, round loaf on a greased baking sheet. Cut
- two parallel slashes on top about 1/2 inch deep. Bake at 375 degrees
- F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Makes one (10-slice) loaf.
This bread is easy as anything to throw together, and the end result is heaven! It's so very good. I followed the recipe to a T, didn't change a thing. The dough didn't take to "shaping" at all, it was way too wet and sticky so i just kind of poured it onto a small round pizza pan. But who cares.....this bread is a keeper! Made for PAC Spring 2010.