Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our family was swimming at a park in a small, New England town and, not realizing that it would close at 7 pm, I hadn't hurried about getting our chicken grilled. The ranger who apologetically told us that we were going to have to go commented on how good the chicken smelled and, when given a piece, told us he'd go finish up on the other side first so that we could have another 15 minutes to finish eating. Try this marinade on chicken, beef, pork, or even fish such as salmon or shark. But do look to see when the park is going to close. The rangers are only human. ;-) LOL
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.23 ml coriander seed, crushed (use mortar and pestle or put in plastic bag and hit them with a hammer)
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 59.14 ml orange juice concentrate (optional if you like a sweeter marinade, optional, optional) (optional) or 59.14 ml pineapple juice concentrate (optional if you like a sweeter marinade) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a ziploc bag.
- Add meat and marinate 6-24 hours, refrigerated.
- Grill or broil meat in the usual fashion.
Tonight we grilled fat pork chops that had been marinated in this for 24 hours - very delicious! My 3 and 7 year olds couldn't get enough, which is unusual for dinner! :) I didn't add the optional juice concentrate as I wasn't sure how they would like it, but the flavors in the marinade worked well together and I think I'll try adding the pineapple juice concentrate next time and use it with chicken! Thanks, 3KillerBs!
Delicious - very flavorful. I quartered the liquids (but not the other ingredients) for 2 chicken breasts, and did not use the optional orange juice. My DH confirmed that I had "bribed" him too!
Moist, tasty and delicious. What more can one want from a chicken dish? I only got to marinate my chicken for two hours and cannot wait to make again and marinate overnight. The ranger must have been one hungry guy ;). Thanks!