Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
In my attempt to copy my grandmother's chicken, I'm constantly recreating orange chicken recipes. This one is the latest.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 white onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In large skillet heat oil for a very thin cover.
- Wash chicken and cut into small 1in squares. Combine breadcrumbs, flour, and chili powder. Bread chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and saute until soft. Add a few pinches red pepper flakes and 1 TB garlic, stir. Let saute one minute.
- Add butter to melt, then cubed chicken. Cook through.
- In bowl combine 3 TB orange juice, 1 TB garlic, 1 tsp sesame seeds. Pour over chicken.
- Let cook 2 minutes, stirring to coat.
- Serve over rice.