1/1 Photo of Bria's Nutty Oatmeal Bars
Full of nuts and sweet, I freeze this(because it's sometimes crumbly) and then cut it into bars. The freezing just makes it less of a pain to cut in pieces. It's effective as a bar-type dessert, with some powdered sugar glaze(I use some almond ex and apple juice in the glaze, I normally guess the amounts so I can't post it). I usually do 1/2 cup walnuts with a sprinkling of chopped pecans. Allow to cool completely(or freeze) before cutting, as it may come out of the oven looking mushy, it does firm up! This was my first and thus far best recipe for granola bars, and continues to get rave reviews. I've used chunky peanut butter before but it turns out absurdly crumbly, so I only use smooth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together, oatmeal, peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, butter, extracts, nuts, and fruit if you're adding.
- 3Spread into a greased 13X9X2 pan.
- 4Sprinkle cinnamon on top,(optional).
- 5Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until brown around edges.
- 6Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bria's Nutty Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 111.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g