Recipe by MrsBritt
This recipe once called for chocolate chips or chunks, but I didn't have any chocolate chunks, so I diced up some Sweet German Chocolate I had in the cupboard. I think one cup was an equivalent to half the bar. Now, I like it much better. This is also great with white chocolate. As for the walnuts, I take whole walnuts and hit the bag with a can until they're coarsely broken.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup German sweet chocolate (diced) or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat 350.
- Grease 13x9x2 pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder in small bowl, set aside.
- In saucepan combine brown sugar and butter until smooth and no bumps.
- Remove from heat, add eggs 1 at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture.
- Quickly stir in nuts and VERY QUICKLY add chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan as fast as you can so the chunks of chocolate don't spread all over.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until knife comes out clean. There will still be a slightly marbled effect on top of the brownies because the German Chocolate melts so quickly, but I think that makes it look attractive.
- Cool pan on rack.