1/1 Photo of Brian's Wicked Slow Cooker Chili
8 hrs 30 mins
If you like flavorful, spicy, slow cooked chili, this is the recipe for you!! I make this for all my friends and they are always crying for more. (or just crying from the heat. haha.) Try and use the freshest ingredients. As it is much better than using canned vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 20 ounces fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef stock powder (optional)
- 5 large fresh red chili peppers (optional)
- 1In a bowl mix the chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper. This will be your seasoning.
- 2Take ONE of the cans of kidney beans (drain) and empty it into a blender and blend it until smooth. If it gets too thick to blend smooth just add a small amount of beef stock until it blends thick and smooth.
- 3In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Then Drain.
- 4Add the chopped onion, minced garlic cloves, and 3 tablespoons of seasoning to the meat. Stir in ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring the meat frequently to slightly cook the spices into the meat.
- 5Now, in the crock pot add the cooked meat, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, 2nd can of kidney beans (drained), the blended can of kidney beans, and the rest of the seasoning.
- 6Stir Thoroughly.
- 7Make the beef stock broth and stir into the crock pot until the chili has a thick soup consistency. (Or the thickness that you prefer.) If you like really thick chili you can probably skip this step all together. (DO NOT use water to thin the chili as this will just make the chili more bland.).
- 8Now, this chili has decent spicy/heat to it as is. But if you are looking for that little extra kick, add 4 to 5 good size chili peppers to the crock pot. (just cut off the stems and toss them in whole.) You can throw in a couple habaneros if you really want to get nutty.
- 9Cook on LOW for 8-12 hours. (Stir occasionally if possible.).
- 10The chili is now pretty good to eat straight out of the crock pot, but for the best flavor, after cooking, store the chili in the refrigerator for 24 hours and then reheat and serve.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brian's Wicked Slow Cooker Chili
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 42.0 g