1/1 Photo of Brian's Spicy Kung Pao Tofu Stir Fry
Spicy tofu stir fry dish. You can replace the tofu with chicken for a standard Kung Pao chicken dish. Great leftovers dish too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Kung Pao Sauce
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, regular
- 1 tablespoon hot chili paste (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup premium grade sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes, dried
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups lightly fried tofu, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely julienned
- 1 cup green zucchini, diced
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 6 ounces water chestnuts, diced
- 6 whole dried Thai chiles
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 6 cups steamed rice
- 1Whisk together ingredients for sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- 2In wok, add oil and lightly fry cubed tofu for about 3 minutes, continually tossing. Set aside.
- 3Add carrots to wok and cook on med. high heat for 3 minutes. Add onion, scallions, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add remaining vegetables, water chestnuts, chilis. Continue cooking for additional 2 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- 4Add tofu back into stir fry.
- 5Pour sauce over to coat stir fry, may not need all sauce.
- 6Cook until sauce is reduced to desired consistency.
- 7Spoon stir fry over 1 cup of steamed rice and garnish with chopped cashews.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brian's Spicy Kung Pao Tofu Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 1747.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
sweet soy sauce
dried Thai chiles