Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was submitted by my boyfriend. when we first met, he invited me over for a homemade meal and this is what he prepared.
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, squeezed and crumbled
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- seasoning salt
- cayenne pepper or hot sauce (optional)
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add tofu, sprinkle generously with seasoned salt and fry until browned, approximately 5 7 minutes.
- Add vegetables to skillet and continue cooking over medium flame, until hot.
- Garnish with dried basil, hot sauce or cayenne, and add salt and pepper to taste.
This was really good. I found mine came out a little dry though so we ate it with salsa and it was excellent! Next time I will try with tomatoes, like the previous reviewer did.
This was really good. I used tomato instead of carrots and Mrs. Dash original in place of the seasoning salt but otherwise followed the recipe. Mmm-mmm good -this one is a keeper thanks!
This is so yummy! I followed the recipe which is so easy to prepare. My family loved it. Thanks for sharing.