Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
Created for weight loss program. Will add can of Rotel tomatoes and chilis next time to make 'saucier'.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, large and diced
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon green chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (20 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 lb pasta, prepared according to package instructions (Dreamfields preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium high heat in a large heavy bottomed pan, saute onion in olive oil for 6-7 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, beef, spices and garlic salt. Saute until meat no longer pink, then add beans. Cook together for 20 minutes, stirring occaisionally, to give flavors time to meld. Serve over pasta.