1/4 Photos of Brians Favourite Prawn Curry
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A simple, quick and delicately spicy Prawn Curry, it is my husbands favourite. I recently served it with #195501 Rice Chile Verde by Engrossed, and that is the way Brian now wants this meal! Edited to add : thank you to Jan for pointing out that the cooking instructions for the prawns were WAY out! I've corrected this, sorry about that! :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 6 green cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes, crushed
- 450 g prawns, peeled
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Fry onion in oil or ghee until just tender. (3 to 4 minutes).
- 2Add cinnamon stick, cardamoms, cloves and bay leaf.
- 3Fry for one minute and then add ginger and garlic pastes.
- 4Add chilli, cumin, coriander and salt. Fry for half a minute.
- 5Add chopped green pepper and tomatoes, then bring to boil.
- 6Turn down heat and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- 7Add prawns and let them 'poach' in the sauce for three minutes or so, or until done.
- 8Add chopped green coriander leaves and chopped chillies.
- 9Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brians Favourite Prawn Curry
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 141.7 mg
- Sodium 1073.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: