This is a simple, basic chicken noodle soup recipe that everyone will enjoy. You can add what ever other vegetables to the soup that you like. My oldest son said it was great and he is hard to get a compliment from. I hope you enjoy it too. Thanks, Brian
- 64 ounces chicken broth (or Chicken Stock)
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 4 ounces kluski noodles
- Put Onion, Carrots, Butter and Garlic in a soup pot and cook on low heat until onions are softened. Approx 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken Broth, Water, Chicken, Mushrooms, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Basil, Black Pepper and Salt to pot. Bring to a boil and boil for 20 minutes, covered.
- Add rice and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Remove Bay Leaf. You can add more water if you like.
This was definitely a 5-star soup recipe at our house and probably the best chicken noodle soup I've ever made! I think the chicken bouillon adds a depth of flavor to the chicken broth and takes it over the top. I had powdered boullion (as opposed to cubes) so just sprinkled some in and tasted till it was just right. That was the only change from the original recipe. The kluski noodles are a definite must if you can find them at your local grocery store. Thanks Brian for a great recipe my whole family loved.