Recipe by Shelby Jo
This is a recipe my hubby came up with when it was his turn to cook breakfast after losing in our weekly football pick'em. It's something I never would have thought of but is so yummy! A nice different way to do breakfast.
Top Review by SharonChen
This recipe is FABULOUS! I cooked the bacon and sausage together and used the bacon dripping to scrambled the eggs, then I laid everything in a square quiche pan to broil. Topped with chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, and some chives, the nachos turned out to be a wonderful dinner for us. We enjoyed it with some nacho cheese. Totally hit the spot! Will make again and again.
- 6 precooked sausage patties
- 4 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 8 eggs
- 5 -6 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 ounces salsa (we use medium, but since it's breakfast you might want mild...depends on personal preference)
- 6 slices bacon
- jalapeno (optional)
- onion (optional)
- tomatoes (or whatever your heart desires!) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble the eggs. While they are cooking, warm the sausage and cook bacon in the microwave according to package directions.
- Chop the bacon and sausage into small pieces.
- When eggs are done mix in the sausage and bacon.
- Divide chips among oven safe plates OR put all on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with 2 oz. of the cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese. (won't take long!).
- Put the egg and meat mixture on top of the chips. Sprinkle the final 2 oz. of cheese over top. Place under broiler until melted.
- Top with salsa and/or other optional toppings.