Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe my hubby came up with when it was his turn to cook breakfast after losing in our weekly football pick'em. It's something I never would have thought of but is so yummy! A nice different way to do breakfast.
- 6 precooked sausage patties
- 4 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 8 eggs
- 5 -6 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 ounces salsa (we use medium, but since it's breakfast you might want mild...depends on personal preference)
- 6 slices bacon
- jalapeno (optional)
- onion (optional)
- tomatoes (or whatever your heart desires!) (optional)
- Scramble the eggs. While they are cooking, warm the sausage and cook bacon in the microwave according to package directions.
- Chop the bacon and sausage into small pieces.
- When eggs are done mix in the sausage and bacon.
- Divide chips among oven safe plates OR put all on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with 2 oz. of the cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese. (won't take long!).
- Put the egg and meat mixture on top of the chips. Sprinkle the final 2 oz. of cheese over top. Place under broiler until melted.
- Top with salsa and/or other optional toppings.
What a nice recipe ! ! I also combined the salsa (mild), and sour cream, and used jalapenos, and made for a nice start to the day. Easy to prepare, and scarfed down by all. Nice little southwest flavor. I can see these as a snack during the games too. Made and enjoyed this and tagged in Zaar Stars.
What a great idea! I cut the recipe down to one serving and followed Ingrid's suggestion of mixing the salsa with sour cream. Topped the nachos with onions, jalapenos and avocado chunks. This is a perfect breakfast! Thanks for sharing, Shelby Jo. ***Made for PRMR***
This recipe is just plain fun! I cut it down to just one serving, and it made a really nice breakfast. Like another reviewer, I used more cheese than called for, but what are nachos without a lot of cheese? To garnish, I made a "dressing" by mixing salsa with a bit of sour cream, then drizzled over the top. Chopped scallions would also be great. I'm definitely making this the next time I have my nephews over- the kids will just love it!