Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe I "created" by accident. Is delicious on a sourdough baguette and also as a sandwich spread on whole wheat or rye bread with spinach and melted mozzarella.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (may add more or less for desired consistency)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- Put all ingredients in a bowl or blender.
- Purée until smooth.
- Either chill or serve at room temperature.
this was really good. i like the herbs. i didnt have kidney beans so i used butter beans instead.. it was a pale green color.. i think it scared some off. but it is a very tasty dip.. a little runny but then i didnt put the breadcrumbs in. i added some chopped scallions for texture, and a jalepeno for some heat.. that i really liked, thanks