Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adaptation I've come up with that makes for the perfect companion to your choice of noodles. This is healthy, a little spicy, and absolutely delicious - its a whole new concept to the flavor of pasta sauce that you are going to love! Afterthought: DH just started weight watchers and this recipe using 0 point butter and calculating 1 cup of cooked vermicelli noodles per serving is only 10 points per serving.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced olives
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces burgundy cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown turkey in large pot. Drain and set aside (I usually just keep mine sitting in the colander :-).
- Melt the butter in the pot (or heat the olive oil, whichever you choose to use).
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini, jalapeno, onion, and red pepper. Add the taragon, basil, and garlic powder. Saute vegetables till tender.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and wine. Return turkey to pot.
- Simmer 15 minutes, let the aroma rouse your inner stomach growl, and serve over your favorite noodles!
Nice zesty sauce. To make the sauce even quicker than written, I adjusted for an electronic pressure cooker. The only other changes I made was sub'd italian sausage and red wine. Also added crushed garlic clove. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.