Recipe by piranhabriana
I tried for 2 years to perfect a Spanish rice recipe with disastrous results until I accidentally created this! I've heard washing your rice makes a difference but honestly I've never bothered. Its vegetarian if you use water or vegetable broth instead of chicken broth!
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (not minute rice)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon diced jalapeno (optional)
- 8 ounces mexican hot style tomato sauce
- 6 ounces canned corn (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cooking oil or butter over medium high heat till hot.
- Add rice, onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Stir constantly till rice is golden and onion is translucent.
- Add sauce, water, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes. You may stir occasionally if you prefer, sometimes it keeps it from sticking!